How much does a 20 lb child weight in kilograms?
Do you wonder how much does a 20 lb child weight in kilograms? After reading this short article you can find out how to convert 20 lb to kg and get information of at what age can a child weigh about 20 lb.
Let’s start with the fact that the weight of 20 lb is not really much. According to the indications of experienced pediatric doctors, a child should weigh 20 kg at the age of about 1 year.
However, it must be remembered that each person grows differently and has different physical characteristics. This is the reason why one child can weigh 20 lbs as early as 8 months, and another child can weigh 20 lbs as late as 12 months.
These differences are not a cause for concern, because the weight of a child at a certain age may be within a certain range as shown in the table below:
- 1-month-old baby: 7 lb - 11.2 lb,
- 2-month-old baby: 8.8 lb - 13.2 lb,
- 3-month-old baby: 10.1 lb - 15.6 lb,
- 4-month-old baby: 11.7 lb - 17.6 lb,
- 5-month-old baby: 13 lb - 18.7 lb,
- 6-month-old baby: 13.8 lb - 19 lb,
- 7-month-old baby: 14.7 lb - 19.8 lb,
- 8-month-old baby: 15.4 lb - 22 lb,
- 9-month-old baby: 16.3 lb - 22.9 lb,
- 10-month-old baby: 16.5 lb - 23.8 lb,
- 11-month-old baby: 17.1 lb - 24.9 lb,
- 12-month-old baby: 17.4 lb - 25.5 lb.
As you can see, the discrepancies can be large, for example, because of the child's height.
The weight of 20 lb child in kg
Now let’s convert 20 lb to kg and find out how the whole table with kilograms instead of pounds will look like.
So, a conversion of 20 lb to kg is based on multiplying 20 lb by the lb to kg ratiowhich is equal to 0.45359. The math operation should look like this:
- 20 lb * 0.45359 = 9.07184 kg.
It means that 20 lb is equal to 9.07184 kg. What is the answer to the question of how much does a 20 lb child weight in kilograms according to this information? The answer is a 20 lb child weigh 9.07184 kg.
Child weight chart in kg by age
Thanks to the information that the lb to kg ratio is equal to 0.45359 you can recalculate the presented table and find out what is the correct weight for a child up to 1-year-old in kilograms. It would look like this:
- 1-month-old baby: 3 kg - 5 kg,
- 2-month-old baby: 4 kg - 6 kg,
- 3-month-old baby: 4.5 kg - 7 kg,
- 4-month-old baby: 5.3 kg - 8 kg,
- 5-month-old baby: 6 kg - 8.4 kg,
- 6-month-old baby: 6.25 kg - 8.6 kg,
- 7-month-old baby: 6.5 kg - 9 kg,
- 8-month-old baby: 7 kg - 10 kg,
- 9-month-old baby: 7.4 kg - 10.3 kg,
- 10-month-old baby: 7.5 kg - 10.8 kg,
- 11-month-old baby: 7.7 kg - 11.3 kg,
- 12-month-old baby: 7.9 kg - 11.5 kg.
Summarizing, the weight of 20 lb is equal to 9.07184 kg and on the basis of medical statistics 20 lb is the weight of about one-year-old baby. If you want to find out more about the children’s weight and lb to kg conversion visit our website more often.